A family-run local restaurant in Milson’s Point, has scooped the prestigious title of Australia’s favourite Butter Chicken in the Menulog 2017 Winter Restaurant Awards.
Grace of India has been a North Sydney favourite for 27 years, famous amongst locals for its fresh Australian produce and authentic herbs and spices. The restaurant has now been recognised nationally as part of the bi-annual award series, run by the country’s largest online delivery platform, Menulog.
Menulog’s Commercial Director, Rory Murphy said: “While we continue to see some really interesting food trends, customers have told us their favourite dishes to have delivered remain the classics like Butter Chicken and Pad Thai. As such, Best Butter Chicken and Best Pad Thai are just a couple of the new categories in the ever-expanding Restaurant Awards series.
“The Menulog Restaurant Awards are designed to recognise and reward the broad and diverse range of restaurants we have on the Menulog platform. With more than 9,000 restaurant partners, receiving one of the 13 bi-annual awards is a tremendous achievement.”
The Menulog Restaurant Awards are open to any restaurant on the Menulog platform and are selected based on it’s popularity, rating and customer satisfaction. New South Wales based restaurants dominated two of the six winner positions, all of whom were recognised
for producing the ‘Best Dish’ from some of Australia’s most ordered cuisines. The full list of winners includes:
● Best Butter Chicken – Grace of India, Milson’s Point, NSW
● Best Pad Thai – Thai Concept, Chipping Norton, NSW
● Best Margherita Pizza – Rossini’s Pizzeria, Mount Waverley, VIC
● Best Halal Snack Pack – Exotic Pizza, Pasta and Kebab, Coolaroo, VIC
● Best Bolognese – Motorino Pizzeria – South Kingsville, South Kingsville, VIC
● Best Burger – On It Burgers, Ferntree Gully, VIC
Menulog also awards an overall national awards, as well as a major winner in each state. This season, Tantra Indian Restaurant, in Doncaster East, Victoria, took out the national gong, with state winners including:
● ACT – Mills and Grills Pizzas, Florey
● NSW – Harry Cafe and Restaurant, St Mary’s
● QLD – Kokoro Bento, Banyo
● SA – Flips Pizza and Grill, Firle
● VIC – Florentine Pizza & Charcoal Chicken, Moonee Ponds
● WA- Fishy Fishy / Operation Pizza, Aubin Grove
The Menulog Restaurant Awards will kick off again in 2018, with the next season’s recipients to be announced in Summer 2017/18.