Top Menulog restaurants and dishes announced for summer 2019
14 MARCH 2019 – Menulog has revealed Australia’s most popular eateries in its bi-annual Summer Restaurant Awards series. Classic roadside burger joint, On It Burgers in Ferntree Gully Victoria, took out the title for Australia’s favourite summer restaurant, based on order numbers, ratings and customer satisfaction.
Previously a Victorian winner, On It Burgers’ famous range offers unique combinations designed to suit all tastes, from the Bacon Jammy burger with slathers of bacon jam, to the Chilli Cheese burger with melted cheddar and hot chips to the vegetarian Fun G burger, with panko crusted cheese filled Portobello mushroom. With the likes of Truffled Parmesan and ‘Devil’s Dust’ as add-ons, On It Burgers has become a hot spot for Melburnian foodies.
Owner of On It Burgers, Adam Manks, said, “Since partnering with Menulog in 2016, we have had the opportunity to share our love of burgers with not only our local community, but a much broader customer base. From the very start of our partnership, we experienced a significant growth in orders and now 50% of our customers are from Menulog.’
“We experience a spike in Menulog orders during extreme weather conditions, both hot and cold, as our customers rely on us more so during those conditions to deliver their food quickly and conveniently. We have a passion for creating exciting food experiences for our customers, so we’re thrilled to be recognised by the people we live to feed!”
The Menulog Summer Restaurant Awards also revealed the most popular restaurant in each state, with winners including:
- VIC – Albion based Pizzeria, The Rollin Dough, famous for distinctive toppings including Salmon Sensation
- NSW – Base and Burger Mount Annan, a local eatery loved by locals for their unique take on burgers and pizzas
- ACT – Turkish Grill Restaurant, a local Wanniassa restaurant known for its traditional turkish offering
- NT – Desert Springs Chinese eatery, Hong Kong Restaurant, loved for iits specialties including homemade Dim Sims
- WA – Alkimos Pizza famous for their everyday specials available giving locals bang for their buck
- SA – Hallett Cove pizzeria, Karrara Pizza, renowned for serving up flavoursome pizzas with unique toppings including a Butter Chicken Delight
- TAS – Local Glebe eatery, Midori Japanese Kitchen particularly popular for its party platter
- QLD – Local Caboolture restaurant, Belly God, serving up the state’s favourite flavours with their fresh Chinese dishes
Menulog’s Commercial Director, Rory Murphy said, “The Menulog Restaurant Awards are designed to recognise and reward the hard work of our restaurant partners, particularly those who have delivered exceptional experiences for local customers. On It Burgers has done an exceptional job of delighting customers with delicious food and exceptional delivery service. With burgers seeing exponential growth on Menulog over the past year, to win this national award is a huge achievement for Adam and the team.”
This season, Menulog has looked at top trending dishes to reveal the most popular across Australia. From Summer Coolers to Sausage Rolls, these restaurants took out the top spot when it came to favourite summer feeds:
- The Best Late-Night Kebab – Middle Eastern restaurant, Bentleigh Kebabs in Victoria
- The Best Summer Cooler – Local ice-creamery Cold Rock, in Lilydale
- The Best Dumplings – Surprisingly a local Fish and Chip store in South Melbourne, McIvor Road Fish & Chips
- The Best Bowl – Japanese restaurant, Salon De Sushi in Victoria, particularly known for their Poke Chirashi Bowl
- Sausage Roll – Local cafe, Tally Kitchen based in Bendigo
- The Best Vegan Dish – Vegan restaurant, Loving Hut based in Northcote
- The Best Meal Deal – Renowned pizza joint, Manoosh Pizzeria based in Sydney
The Menulog Restaurant Awards will kick off again later this year, with the next season’s recipients to be announced in Winter 2019. Learn more about this year’s winners on the Menulog Restaurant Awards site here: restaurantawards.menulog.com.au
About the Menulog Restaurant Awards
The Menulog Restaurant Awards is a bi-annual awards series that recognises and rewards the hard work of Menulog restaurant partners in top quality, delicious meals to more than three million customers every year. Each year, awards are announced for Summer and Winter.
The Menulog Restaurant Awards comprises of two categories – The Best of Australia (top restaurants by state and trending dishes) and Local Wins (top local restaurants by cuisine). All Menulog restaurants are eligible to enter the Menulog Restaurant Awards.
Menulog is Australia’s widest-reaching online food delivery service with the greatest choice of both restaurants and cuisine types on offer. Menulog connects more than 3 million active customers with over 12,000 local restaurants via menulog.com.au and mobile apps. Menulog offers more than 70 different cuisines that can be delivered to more than 92 per cent of Australian addresses via its network of restaurant partners. Menulog is part of the Just Eat group, global leader in food delivery.