Be the Real MVP With These Top 10 Super Bowl Foods
It’s February, which means it’s time to buckle up for the most watched annual television broadcast in America: Super Bowl Sunday! (SB Monday on this side of the world.) That’s right, kickoff is this coming Monday February 4th at 10:30am AEDT. (If you don’t have ESPN, catch the game on Channel 7, likely on 7Mate, or live streamed on 7Plus.)
And 2019 is set to deliver the goods, because the team everyone outside Boston loves to hate (literally), the New England Patriots, are facing off against the Los Angeles Rams. And you guys know we love an underdog story — the last time the Rams brought home the Vince Lombardi Trophy was in 2000. And honestly, how many rings does Tom Brady actually need?
Some of us are here for the game. Some of us for the halftime show. (Actually maybe not this year…Maroon 5, Travis Scott and Big Boi on stage together. Oof.) And the rest of us, yeah, we’re here for the ads. But no matter what you’re in it for, football food is a non-negotiable.
And with that, here’s a handy takeaway guide to fulfill all your Super Bowl-watching dreams:
1. Pizza Kassems Pizza & Pasta (Kewdale, WA)
Order in a couple large pizzas (extra mozzarella) and be the ultimate Super Bowl saviour.
2. Wings: Slow Burn BBQ (Yaronga, QLD)
Or literally anything BBQ.
3. Guac and Chips: Zambrero (Ascot, WA)
Gospel: guac is boss, today and every other day.
4. Nachos: Beach Burrito Co. (Dee Why, NSW)
Double down on the guac and add a serving or two of nachos.
6. Chicken and Fries: Kokido (Caulfield South, VIC)
7. Burgers TGI Fridays (Melbourne Central, VIC)
It would be bad sportsmanship not to.
8. Pulled Beef Burrito Chicago Grill (Woodville North, SA)
Never mess with the classics, nothing fancy just pure foodie bliss right here.
9. Ribs: Vinny’s Pizza Pasta Ribs (Tweed Heads QLD)
You’re gonna need all the napkins, but it will always, always be worth it.
9. Tacos Two Gringos Mexican Grill (Victoria Park, WA)
Tacos = touch down. Every time.
10. Chicken Nuggets: Hungry Jack’s (Perth, WA)
How else would we round out this excellent list? Chicken nuggies FTW!