International Bacon Day (arguably the most celebrated day of the year) is this Saturday 1st September. To celebrate, Menulog has put together the most drool-worthy bacon dishes you can have delivered to your door to satisfy your bacon-y cravings.
We’re sure it’s no coincidence that International Bacon Day falls on the same weekend as Father’s Day – the favourite child status is just a Menulog order away!
- Maple Bacon Doughnut:Milk Bar by Café Ish (NSW) Who said bacon had to be savoury? Treat your tastebuds to a delicious maple glazed, crunchy bacon and pork floss dusted doughnut.
- Double Bacon Double Cheeseburger: Homer’s Arndell Park (NSW) know how Bacon Day should be salivated, I mean celebrated, serving up a delectable double bacon, double flame grilled beef, double cheese, special sauce cheeseburger. Why have one bacon when you can have two?!
- Premium Truffle and Chips: JD’s Burgers (VIC) are serving up bacon loaded beer battered chips. Drizzled with premium truffle oil, infused with Japanese style mayonnaise, and coated with bacon pieces. YUM.
- Bacon Jammy: On It Burgers (VIC) are well prepared for BAEcon Day, literally putting bacon Before Anything Else to create the burger with the most-est. Prepare your tastebuds for slathers of bacon jam oozing over juicy prime beef, smoky On It sauce, pickles, melted American cheese and more bacon.
- Candy Bacon: Third Wave (VIC) Streaky bacon brushed with Maple syrup and drizzled with organic brown sugar and chilli. Slow cooked to a consistency similar to Jerky – a little spicy, a little sweet, a little salty – seriously addictive. Third Wave recommend indulging in this delight alongside a spicy Bloody Mary.
- Bacon Heaven: Papalino’s Pizza Delivery (VIC) Bacon, more bacon, lots of bacon, onion, mozzarella, tomato, bacon & two eggs on top. Did we mention bacon?
- Crispy Bacon: Hogs Breath Café (QLD) “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it”. Celebrate bacon in its purest form – crispy and by itself.
- Sweet Potato ‘n’ Bacon Mess: Pizza Capers – Kallangur (QLD) toss sweet potato, bacon, cream and mozzarella together, topping it with Parmesan to create a delicious bacon-y mess.
- Cheesy Bacon Spiral Fries: Chicago Grill (SA) take fries to the NEXT level, loading on a heap of crispy bacon and melted American cheddar cheese.
- Grilled Cheese Bacon Dog: Burger Phactory (SA) wrap their hot dogs in bacon. Play it safe with the Grilled Cheese Bacon Dog, or opt for the Jalapeno Pepper Bacon Dog for a fiery blast. Either way you’ll never settle for a bacon-less hot dog again.